header gif originally posted by one-additional-time
hopelessromantic-jade said: I've haven't written for over a year. Every time I want to or feel like it, I talk myself out of it; 'I'll do it later' or 'I'm not in right mood to write' or 'my heart isn't in it'... How do you help yourself get that kick start to writing again? I miss it so much but can't bring myself to jump back into it!! :(
Try not to think so much. I know it’s easier said than done, but here are some tips;
- Put on your favourite movie, one you’ve seen a million times.
- Or put on an old tv show; don’t pressure yourself with silence.
- Grap a notebook and pen.
- Put pen to paper and write a word, any word.
- You can even start out with a doodle if you like.
- Don’t think about writing a story, just write anything.
- Write about the weather, what you had for breakfast, a dream you had, anything at all. Write something that means nothing.
- Write for five minutes, then leave it.
- Tomorrow, write for ten minutes.
- Increase it each day.
- I promise you, that sooner or later, a character, a story idea, a scene, something, will come to you and ask to be written.
- But don’t pressure yourself.
- You don’t need to write an entire novel on day one.
- Write snippets, write sketches, write things you’ll never finish.
- Don’t pressure yourself.
- Allow yourself to write rubbish.
- And in between the writing, read, read, read, read, read.
- Be brave. I know you can do it.
1. it’s not your fault when your anxiety or depression flares up and you lose control of your emotions.
2. always remember: when you want to kill yourself, don’t.
3. you’ll forget all about that boy who broke your heart in ninth grade.
4. always remember: you deserve to fall in love with being alive.
5. don’t blame your ex for your sadness.
6. always remember: be nice to your mother, she loves you.
7. cutting calories won’t make you happy.
8. always remember: don’t feel bad about yourself when someone doesn’t want you. it’s not you, it’s them. it’s always them.
9. you don’t need anyone else to complete you. you’re whole as you are.
10. always remember: you are alive and that is a truly wonderous thing.
11. don’t hold people hostage in your life when they decide to leave.
12. always remember: you were beautiful long before he told you that you were.
13. the most toxic people in your life can teach you the most valuable lessons.thirteen things no one taught me // c.u.t (via vaffancculo)